to Ms. Virgilijus Repecka from TERRA and Mr. Tadeusz Szydlowski from DIPOL
on the offers presented at the exhibition:
Sat Krak 2008 was exceptionally interesting. It focused on the newest receiving technology and broadcasting industry in the biggest television market in Central and Eastern Europe, which is Poland. Among the exhibitors there were leading manufacturers and distributors of receiving equipment from Poland and abroad, and all operators of digital platforms.
The common opinion was that digital terrestrial television is still a small niche of the market, and the mainstream distribution of digital programs sticks to satellite technology.
There is no doubt that the most important and popular solution for SMATV systems is multiswitch installation. It will be preferred by customers next year, too. DIPOL goes a step further - due to the highest quality of the offered equipment it can move beyond standards and provide multiswitch systems for hundreds of subscribers, still based on single master antennas/dishes.
Another solution for distributing satellite broadcasts - headend - has also achieved a new functionality, not available in the market before. TERRA headend, recognized as the "Best Product of the Year", enables the operator to manage the system in a new way. After installing the headend, the setup of the device can be performed via the Internet. The operator can remotely control the headend, configure the channels, change the set of received programs, or even upgrade the software. It saves a lot of time and allows to operate a large and flexible distribution network with unprecedented ease.
- Headend - distribution of satellite channels
- TERRA multiswitches and software for installers (SatNet)
- TRISET, CAMSET, NETSET - transmission cables of highest quality
Compact headend solution MMH-3000 for reception of DVB-S and DVB-T programs for analog redistribution in SMATV and small CATV networks, e.g. in hotels, boarding houses, multi-family houses, housing developments. Thanks to vestigial side band modulators it allows to utilize adjacent channels. The base unit of the MMH-3000 headend can be installed in a standard 19" rack.
- UC-380 R81700 - Base Unit (with power supply)
- RD-313C R81710 - QPSK CI Receiver RD-313C
- DM-313 R81712 - MPEG-2 TS Decoder/VSB Modulator
- MT-310 R81708 - VSB Modulator
- UD-104 R81704 - Data bus/USB interface
- PCS-200 R81716 - Remote Control Interface
- CMH Master R81706 - CMH-Master application software
- Terra Link - free, limited version of CMH Master
- possibility of receiving a number of encrypted programs with a single card
- PC-controlled and programmed
- manageable via the Internet
- Master - Slave technology
- access to the system log (events)
- possibility of SMS alarms (via PC GSM terminal)
- graphical representation of adjusted parameters
- VSB modulators
- detailed user manuals (assembling, programming, diagnostics) in English, Lithuanian, and Polish
- 2-year warranty
- competitive price
TERRA multiswitches allow to build systems up to 200 outlets. More on multiswitch systems here.
SatNet 1.0 is a comprehensive software pack for designing SMATV systems based on TERRA multiswitches. It saves a lot of time of the installer - typically instead of 12 hours needed for designing a system with 150 outlets, the calculations with this application take only ca 2 hours. SatNet enables the installer to perform a series of simulations that allow to optimize the design.
The participants of the accompanying courses were given the SatNet program for free.
- low loss,
- perfect matching,
- high screening efficiency.
Thanks to high screening efficiency they are also recommended for multiswitch systems where several cables are bundled together.
Highest-quality materials, strict technological discipline, 92% copper braid coverage ensure perfect transmission parameters, especially effective electromagnetic shielding. CAMSET cables come with a 6-year warranty that eliminates any risk for the installation company or end user. The power wires have been certified for use at 230VAC.===
- Concepts of building large multiswitch systems
- SatNet - program for designing large multiswitch systems
- Satellite systems in hotels and boardinghouses, based on TERRA headend
one of the lectures organized by DIPOL
1. The best component of SMATV system - TERRA headend.
2. The best multiswitch - TERRA multiswitches with SatNet utility.
3. The best cable - Triset 113 and Triset 113 HF.
is picked up by Mr. Tadeusz Szydlowski from DIPOL